You get 25 days off in the UK, 20 in Australia, including Christmas. Plus bank holidays, and an hour for lunch.
You work really hard so we get you into your weekend quicker than most. Sometimes we might have a drink or two beforehand.
Parties, festivals, outings, we do like a get-together. We even turned our UK office into a pub last Christmas.
You’ll get regular reviews and training opportunities to help you get to where you want to be. If you know something, you’ll get the chance to share it.
In Stoke Prior, we’re next to a beautiful stretch of canal. In Brisbane, our warehouse-style offices are in West End, just a short hop from GoMA.
In the UK, we contribute up to 2% of your salary – more than the legal minimum. Superannuation is compulsory in Australia, you obviously get that.
We're on the lookout for a high calibre new business manager who can start valuable conversations with prospective clients we want to work with.
Agency experience a must, you'll need to have a passion for marketing, as well as the knowledge and experience that enables you to identify the business challenges facing the people you talk to, and how Superdream can help solve them.
Does this sound like you?
• Ideally five years’ minimum experience within a client development role
• Marketing experience
• Excellent written and verbal communications with the ability to create and deliver strong persuasive presentations
• Can identify prospects and carry out due diligence around their potential
• Able to develop client relationships from CEO level down
• Impressive network of contacts
• Evidence of proven new business wins
• Highly strategic
• Autonomous, proactive, tenacious, motivated and ambitious
Following some exciting client wins we are looking for an experienced Social Media Exec/Manager to drive forward this growing department.
This is a varied role which involves taking briefs, research, working on strategy, channel planning, attending client meetings, and analysing performance of campaigns. Being able to build, execute and develop social strategy for the different clients that fits in with their brand values is key.
As well as managing and optimising client accounts, you will keep a keen eye on developments in social media and be able to share best practice and thought leadership with the rest of the agency and provide vision and direction to the social team.
Being able to prioritise and plan effectively is a desired skill to have in this role, as well as fully understanding how to integrate social media with other digital and offline advertising campaigns.
Experience in use of tools for social content planning and analysis is essential.
Superdream is recruiting for an Account Manager/Project Manager to join its friendly, fast-paced client services team.
We’re an ambitious, full service agency with a family-like atmosphere, and we’re looking for someone that’s ready to hit the ground running.
As a Superdream AM you are the lynch-pin within the agency for the client. You must possess strong planning, creative and strategic thinking skills, as well as a proven ability to manage accounts, account teams and deliver programmes on time and within budget. You play a central role in the agency taking full responsibility for your clients, and everything you do works towards broader agency objectives of retention, profitability and growth, and is focused on the values of the business.
Account Managers at Superdream are expected to have to following personality traits:
• Highly organised, flexible, with strong attention to detail.
• Have an analytic and questioning mind.
• Clear communication skills in person, writing and over the phone.
• Persuasive, challenging and confident.
• Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
• Approachable, outgoing and diplomatic.
• Proactive, efficient, action-orientated.
• Team player – happy to be involved in all elements of agency operations.
You will have had a least three year’s account handling experience and be able to show your levels of understanding and skill set. AMs must have a solid understanding of marketing disciplines and where each channel/discipline fits into the mix – especially digital channels and importantly, how they all work together. You will also have a full understanding of the online and offline production processes. Alongside these skills you must be able to:
• Understand the differences between and skills required for a variety of accounts.
• Prioritise work effectively across multiple clients and flag any conflicts or issues quickly with the team.
• Accurately forecast prospective client activity.
• Develop proposals in response to client brief or pro-actively identifying opportunities to meet a client’s need and present to client in the appropriate format.
• Create timing plans and work within agreed deadlines and budgets.
• Create contact reports and deliver within agreed timeframes.
• Brief designers, developers, media buyers, production, photographers, printers in a knowledgeable and precise manner, negotiate costs etc., and manage quality control, deadlines and any challenges that arise.
• Proof read all material.
• Use all key business tools including; word processing, spreadsheet and PowerPoint presentation software.
• Motivate and supervise any direct reports and other, junior members of staff throughout the agency
• An amazing team of people, who work hard and play hard – friendships extend outside of the 9-5
• It’s a place full of opportunity and great for those that want to further their careers
• You’ll get 25 days holiday plus an extra day for every 5 years’ service
• We work really hard so we get into our weekends quicker than most, with a 4pm finish on a Friday. Sometimes we might have a drink or two at Friday Fizz beforehand!
• Socially active - parties, festivals, outings, we do like a get-together. We even turned our UK office into a pub last Christmas
• 24/7 – literally! We have a team of Dreamers over in Brisbane, Australia, and a few of us have taken advantage of secondment and exchange opportunities both sides of the pond
• We’re all in-house – from creative, to digital media, to film, we do it all under one roof. With this, on top of a diverse client mix, you’ll have a varied, every-day-is-different, kind of job
If you’re interested in applying for the Account Manager / Project Manager vacancy, then email Natalie.Pejovic@superdream.co.uk with your CV and a covering letter, detailing your experience, what you can bring to the table and why you want to work for Superdream.
Australian Creative Head, Mike Crate, joined Superdream in 2012 as a Designer. He is a passionate, detail enthusiast and this ambition has been recognised by Superdream, allowing him to rise through the ranks. In 2016, Mike was given the opportunity to come to Brisbane to help launch our Australian office.
Initially a 6 month secondment, Mike was invigorated by the challenge of building the Australian business with the local team, and Superdream gave him the chance to stick around and see it through. Now holding an Australian working visa and leading the Australian creative team, Mike is in his element.
There are many global agencies out there, but few have a program that allows their staff to experience a working holiday to the other side of the world, swapping desks with their UK/AU counterparts! This program is offered to anyone who has worked at the agency for a minimum of 18 months, providing there is a place for them at the sister agency.